Saturday, September 5, 2026

Beautiful harvest days

 Guess what Gary found 


He is quite proud of his puffball. He also got one for Stephanie and Kevin next door. I don't want to cook it but I hope he does.  We cut some off for Bob and Grace McCordy and my mom to eat.
Today I am pressure canning. I cooked up fresh tomatoes for an hour. I ran the tomatoes through the food mill. I canned 5 jars of tomatoes.  It looked like tomato juice.  I also soaked white navy beans overnight and I put 1/2 a cup in a hot pint jar. Added boiling water to 1 inch head space. 
I am pressure cooking in my backyard in my trailer.  The propane stove top works better with my pressure canner since my stove top is glass and it could suction  to it and shatter the glass. Plus it keeps the heat outside. 

The garden is over grown with weeds but still bursting with cucumbers and tomatoes.  I still have a few peppers, onions and beets and jalapeños. Zucchini and celery are still producing.  Still growing is Butternut squash potatoes and apples.  I planted a few bean seeds in July in the front raised garden. They look great now. I hope they grown big before it gets cold. They are a dried beans. So that is a new plant for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment