Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Dump and run taco soup

http://10minutedinners.com/easy-taco-soup/ Read this recipe This website had this recipe that I tried twice. It is very easy. I made spaghetti for the family one night but cooked 2 lbs of ground beef and split it in half and put it in the fridge. The next day I made taco soup in the crockpot with it. I had some ladies over and while we were 'crafting it up' we stopped for a bowl of soup (and a handful of cookies, a girl has to keep her energy up). I changed the recipe a lot because I wanted to use up more of the ingredients I had on hand. My version went something like this. The taco soup - I cooked 1 pound of the ground beef (not 2 lbs) and mixed in taco seasoning. I used green salsa instead of green chilies. 5 peeled tomatoes instead of stewed tomatoes. I added 1/2cup of regular salsa (optional) and 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes. 2 cups of water. Some frozen corn, 1 can of kidney beans, you can use any beans. It turned out good!

No comments:

Post a Comment