Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pork in the crock pot

No frills has pork loin on sale for 1$ a lb. I bought 4 and I cut them into 3 meals each. I cut 4 pork chops in to ziplock bags with BBQ sauce and got 6 meals for that. Then I cut 4 big chunks into ziplock bags for roasts. The remaining pieces or any wierd size meat pieces I cut into 2 inch chuncks for kabobs. I put honey and soya sauce on those packages before freezing. I had bought a big bag of balsami rice for about $10. Also for $1 at No frills they had bags of frozen corn and carrots and peas. I think it is exciting to buy $40 worth of groceries and get 12 meals for a family of 4. I might go get some more pork loin this week. Last night I put one pork roast in the crock pot for supper. It was a fatty piece that I didn't think looked that great. I tried this recipe and boy it it ever turn out good. The fat just fell off and the meat was tasty with rice. Original recipe makes 6 servings Change Servings: 6 boneless pork chops, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup ketchup, 2 cloves garlic, crushed, salt and pepper to taste, Crock pot on low for 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment