Monday, September 10, 2018

Freezer spaghetti 🍝

Our garden this year started out great. Unfortunately we went many weeks mid summer with no rain. Many plants did not survive but 6 tomato plants did. All 3 of my basil plants went huge. I canned 2 batches of my homemade salsa. And now I’m working on spaghetti sauce. I have adapted a few recipes to make my own version. I am freezing it so I don’t have to worry about tomatoes in a can with the wrong PH balance. Tomato Sauce Blanch tomatoes by putting in boiling water for 3 mins. Remove and put in cold water. Peels will come right off. Chop onions 2 tbsp of olive oil, 2 small cooking onions , 5 cloves of garlic, Sauté until onions are translucent. 1/2 cup of loosely chopped fresh basil, 1 cup of chicken stock, 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes , 20 peeled fresh tomatoes , 1 can 6 oz of tomato paste. 1 tbsp of dried oregano , 1tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of pepper, 1/4 cup of parsley , Simmer for 3 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment