Monday, August 1, 2011

another hot week

Today is going to be a hot one.  Gary got air conditioner in each of the girls bedrooms.  It is a bit of a redneck/duct tape affair and has run into the carpet many times.  He set up a "system" now that will collect the water but the airconditioners shut off when they are full.  They get full after about 3 hours which I feel does not really solve the problem at all but since I don't want to deal with it I keep my mouth shut.
Tonight we are having left overs. Yesterday I put a cheaper cut roast in the crock pot, I think it was called a Blade roast.  I had thawed it in the fridge over night.  I put in in at 9am. I added  dried onion flakes, 1 can of mushroom soup and 1/2 cup of water. I let it cook for 8 hours on low. About 1pm (after my nap) I added small new potatoes that I quartered.  The liquid in the crock pot was suppose to cook into a gravy but I had to pour it into a pot and add cornstarch to thicken.  The meal was great.  I cooked carrots, green beans and beets from my parents garden. Everyone ate lots and we finished the day with a bath in the kids wading pool and a chocolate popsicle.  Tonight is leftovers and hopefully the air-conditioners will last the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment