Monday, August 8, 2011

greek pasta salad

One of my kiddos favorite meals is greek pasta salad with BBQ chicken breast.  It is a wonderful meal for this time of year because we have fresh tomatoes, cucumber, onions, green peppers and basil.  I made speggeti two nights ago and cooked about 2 cups of extra maccaroni noodles. I tossed them in 1/4 cup of greek with feta salad dressing from Kraft and put it in the fridge.  This morning I added the fresh veggies I meantioned above.  Also crumbled feta.  So delisious.  Tonight I BBQ chicken breast and Voila! Supper was ready. It is a great meal to eat outside or take cold on a picnic.  I just wished I had some corn on the cob too...mmmmmmm

http://www.cookingwithcandra.com/blog/2010/12/06/mediterranean-greek-pasta-salad/
Here is a link to a similar recipe.  I just use Tomatoes instead of olives so my kids will like it. Then it is also ingredients I have on hand and from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment